The Board of Governors of Jones Memorial Primary School has determined that the following criteria shall be applied, in the event of the number of pupils applying for places in Year 1 being greater that the admission number, in the order set down below. Priority shall be given to children resident in Northern Ireland.
ADMISSIONS CRITERIA – YEAR 1 / RECEPTION
1. Children of compulsory school age living within the traditional catchment area of the school
2. Children of compulsory school age who have brothers/sisters or half-brothers/half-sisters presently enrolled at the school.
3. Children of compulsory school age regarded by the Board of Governors, on the basis of written or other evidence supplied by the parents/guardians and statutory or other agencies, as having special circumstances, (i.e. medical, social or security reasons.)
4. Other children of compulsory school age.
5. Children aged 4 will be admitted into Reception on their 4th birthday, where there are vacant places within the admissions number.
The school will continue to admit children not of compulsory school age as above, unless the Department determines that such children will be zero rated for funding purposes.
The Board of Governors including the Principal draws up the Admission Criteria and applies them if necessary.
YEAR 1 ADMISSIONS – AFTER THE BEGINNING OF THE SCHOOL YEAR
Children who apply to enter the school during the academic year will be considered using the same criteria as for Year 1.
ADMISSIONS CRITERIA – YEARS 2-7
The following criteria will be applied, in the order set down below, to all pupils seeking admission to Years 2 to 7. The school shall not cause or allow the number of registered pupils to exceed the school’s enrolment number nor to prejudice the efficient use of the school’s resources. Priority will be given to children who are residents of Northern Ireland.
If there are more applicants than available places then the criteria for Year 1 will be applied.