Administration of Medicine
Occasionally, a child may be required to carry his/her medication or have this administered by a member of staff in school. For all medication in school, the parent/carer MUST complete an Administration of Medication Form OR the Request for pupil to carry his/her Medication Form.
MEDICATION WILL NOT BE ADMINISTERED UNLESS APPROPRIATE FORMS BY PARENTS/CARERS ARE COMPLETE AND APPROVED BY THE PRINCIPAL
Parents/Carers must ensure/ are responsible for the following:
- All medications are in date
- The school has an adequate supply of required medication
- Medications must be supplied in the original container and only dispensed as labelled
- Safe disposal of used or out of date medications
- Informing the school if medication is no longer required or changed
Please note, staff can not force children to take medication. We can not accept medication in unlabelled containers.